On Sunday, 19th April at 4pm (GMT) we will gather on Facebook Live (or on YouTube) for a special interactive gathering looking at Jesus’ most famous prayer in Matthew 6. There will also be smaller group discussions afterwards in Zoom. You can follow along with the running order below and find any links that you need.
As part of Sunday’s worship we will be taking a reflective journey. In order to prepare for this it would be helpful for you to have some items to hand when we start.
- You will need 5 pieces of plain card or paper. You will have the chance to write or draw on these as part of our service tomorrow. you may want to display them afterwards in your own home so think about what size you would prefer if you want to display all 5 together.
- Have a pen or several pens or pencils ready to write or draw on your cards or paper during the service.
- If you are someone that likes to colour, paint or collage, have your other artistic and crafty materials to hand.
Here’s what else to expect:
Songs (Ali & Ellie)
Yes and Amen
Lord I need you
Prayer & Practice (Rachel & Martin)
Question for Sharing (Tom & Naomi): What does prayer mean to you?
Song (Ali & Ellie): Simple Gospel
Story from a Refugee support charity (Rosy)
Scripture Reading & Sign Language Lesson (Sam) –
Pray like this:
Our Father in heaven,
may your name be kept holy.
May your Kingdom come soon.
May your will be done on earth,
as it is in heaven.
Give us today the food we need,
and forgive us our sins,
as we have forgiven those who sin against us.
And don’t let us yield to temptation,
but rescue us from the evil one. (Matthew 6:9-13)
Reflective Journey through the Lord’s Prayer (Nettes)
Response (AKA a moment to think)
Virtual Love Feast (Tom)
Song (Ali & Ellie): Build your Kingdom here
What’s coming up (Danielle)
Blessing: “May we live fully, love wastefully and have the courage to be all that God has created us to be.”
After our Worship Gathering, at 5:15 we will move over to Zoom to chat about how we’re doing and discuss some of the themes from today. If you are in a regular Inclusive Gathering Community Group, please join your regular group. If you are not, please pop in to any of the groups below by clicking the link. If you enjoy the chat, you are very welcome to meet up with your group again, later in the week. If there isn’t a group near you, that’s okay – join whichever one. You can read more about Community Groups here:
Edgbaston Community Group (Pete & Eunice – also meets Mondays – FULL)
Coventry Community Group(Ali & Ellie – also meets Mondays)
Moseley Community Group(Danielle & Joel – also meets Tuesdays)
Summerfield/ Winson Green Community Group(David & Nettes – also meets Tuesdays)
West Brum Community Group – (Adam & Rachel – also meets Thursdays)
Here’s the questions the groups will be discussing this evening:
- What did you find easy/ difficult about the style of the reflection?
- What really stood out for you from the Lord’s Prayer during the reflection?
- Is there anything you want to take away to reflect further or act on from the Lord’s Prayer?
Any questions? Would you like to sign up to our email update list? Email email@example.com. If you’d benefit from help getting onto Zoom, have questions about our Community Groups or if you are in the West Midlands would like someone to check in on you via phone your during this unsettling season, give us a shout.