We’re very excited about our FIRST gathering tomorrow at 3pm (NOT 4pm) at the Edgbaston Quaker Meeting House near Five Ways. Here’s a few things we’d like you to know before you arrive tomorrow:
- We’re asking folks to wear face masks inside the meeting room (unless you are exempt or eating).
- In terms of other Covid Safety, you don’t need to pre-register for the gathering anymore. Chairs are spaced out and the room is well ventilated. You can read our whole Covid Safety Plan here.
- We’d love you to bring your own mug or water bottle – this saves on both waste and washing up. We’ll fill you up with tea, coffee, water or squash. (And there will be cake, including gluten free and vegan options).
- Details of how to find us, public transport & parking are below. If you get confused you can ring the IGB phone on 07375784594. (This phone is only switched on 1 hour before and during our gatherings for this purpose).
- The creative corner is back with plenty of mindfulness colouring and crafty things to do. We are not planning an especially loud service, but we’ll have a quiet(er) room and easy access to outside. There are also ear defenders available.
Here’s a little tour of the new building:
There is no pressure to come along if you are not yet comfortable gathering in person. Our gathering WILL be livestreamed to Facebook Live & YouTube. (There will be no Zoom gathering following this service.)
DIRECTIONS: Edgbaston Quaker Meeting House at the Five Ways end of the city centre is located at 11 St James Road B15 1JP (on the corner of St James & George Roads). It’s a cosy, wheelchair accessible building with lots of character and adaptable rooms that meet our needs for gathering, childcare and hospitality right now. It’s got some lovely outdoor space that gives us lots of options and flexibility for outdoor events and for chatting in the open air. We’re thrilled to be hiring a Quaker space with their long history of justice-seeking and pursuit of radical inclusion.
The Meeting House is VERY close to travel links AND there is plenty of free parking on George Road. It is just 500m from Five Ways Train Station (which is a 2 min train trip from New Street) and near multiple bus routes (including 1 & 8). For reference, both the Big Morrisons and the Broadway Cinema are just about a 10 minute walk away.