We’ve been running a number of Community Groups for the last few years – these are smaller groups that allow people to get to know one another better a bit closer to where they live. They typically have included food, a discussion about faith, the Bible or theology and prayer.
We think it’s really important to keep these groups running via Zoom as a means of support and connection with one another in these strange and unsettling times. There is plenty of room if you would like to join a group.
These are our Community Groups:
- Edgbaston/ Queens Foundation (Monday evening) – group currently full
- Moseley (Tuesday evening at 7:30)
- Summerfield/ Winson Green (Tuesday evenings at 7:30)
- NEW: West Birmingham (Thursday evenings at 8pm)
- NEW: Coventry (Monday evening at 7:30pm)
- Worcester (monthly Saturdays) – Click here for details
Zoom is simple to use – you just need to click the link (no sign-up required and there is an option for phone-in access for some groups).
If you are interested in joining one of these Community Groups, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, roughly where in Birmingham/ Midlands you live and which group you are most interested in.
Each Sunday evening at 5:15 (after our weekly online worship gathering) there is an opportunity to pop into one of our Community Groups to chat with people and see if you like it! Also our Weekly Online Prayer Gathering meets on Wednesdays at 7:30pm and is open to anyone. We’re also hosting a Connect-Pray-Community Facebook Group to share prayer requests (or funny stuff!) and check in with others any time. Stay connected where you can.
If you would benefit from someone checking in on you via phone or Zoom, please email us on email@example.com. We’d love to connect with you.
SOME (VERY BASIC) ZOOM ETIQUETTE:
1. When you join the Zoom, your microphone will automatically be muted. It’s easiest for everyone to participate and hear one another if you leave your mic muted unless you are speaking. (Otherwise the background noise is distracting.)
2. When someone is speaking, their video (or name, if they have video off) will appear or be highlighted (depending if you have selected gallery view or the main view) – this also will help us to be sensitive to not speak over others. Be generous and gracious in this way please. Look for ways to make it easier for others to share.
3. Please use kind and gentle speech with one another. If someone DOES speak in ways which are hurtful, rude, offensive or fear-inducing (and does not respond to requests to moderate their language or tone) they may be muted or removed from the Zoom by the host.